Whilst searching through Pinterest on one of my little Pinterest adventures, I found a reading challenge created by Modern Mrs Darcy. My eating disorder really sapped my concentration and brain power and it wasn’t until the latter part of my inpatient stay that I managed to get back into a good book. Even at that point ti took me a long time to read and retain any information, I’ve just completed a novel in 10 days though so I’m hoping I’ve got my speed back a bit too.
So here are my choices:
- A book you’ve been meaning to read– Wild: A Journey from Lost to Found by Cheryl Strayed complete
- A book published this year– Before I Go To Sleep by S J Watson (technically last year but I decided to start last year so I’m cheating)
- A book in a genre you don’t typically read- The Double Helix by James D Watson
- A book from your childhood– The Magician’s Nephew by C.S Lewis
- A book your Mum loves– she gave me two to read- The Shipping News by Annie Proulx and Fried Green Tomatoes At The Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg
- A book originally written in a different language– If This Is a Man / The Truce by Primo Levi (originally written in German and borrowed from my lovely sister)
- A book everyone has read but you- this was hard to pick but I opted for The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick (not everyone has read it but quite a few people I know have and have also seen the film!)- completed
- A book you chose because of the cover– The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton
- A book by your favorite author– kind of a bit sneaky as I adore Maya Angelou but have never read one of her books… So it felt a necessarily- I chose And Still I Rise
- A book recommended by someone with great taste– The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer which was recommended to be during my inpatient admission by one of the lovely ladies I was with- Review
- A book you should have read in high school– Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller we covered bits of it in drama and went to see the play. I found it really moving and that it really touched a nerve, I’ve never actually read it the whole way through
- A book that’s currently on the bestseller list- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
I’ll be reviewing these books as I read them and will try and be clever and link across from reviews to this list and back again!